Defeating the incumbent Mango group, Cycle group led by Harbans Singh Mundi ruled all the way in the PAU Employee Union polls. Polling results came out on Saturday.
Mundi who was in race for president post, defeated Baldev Walia from Mango group by 148 votes, while KK Sachdeva from Letterbox group and Avtar Chand from Ladder group managed 51 and 139 votes respectively. Walia got 480 votes.
Cycle group won all the 15 posts of PAU Employee Union. While Cycle group got more than 600 votes on every post, the closest competitor Mango group managed 400-550 votes on every post. Avtar Chand was reduced to 150-190 votes on all 15 posts while K K Sachdeva who got 51 votes.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
PS Gill, leader of Mango group said, not getting salary on time remained the major reason behind their defeat. “Employees were highly irritated as salaries were not released till January 10 this month.”
Mundi said, “Mango group not only did nothing for employees during its tenure but also wiped away what we did in our previous terms be it representation of president in board meetings or release of salaries. Now we will work to get all those works reinstated.”
Mundi said his priority will be getting salaries on time and release of arrears. “Also we will get the pending arrears of Rs 64 crore released from the government.”
Daljeet Singh, from Cycle group defeated Mango group candidate by maximum margin of 164 votes on organising secretary post.