Defeating the incumbent Mango group, Cycle group led by Harbans Singh Mundi ruled all the way in the PAU Employee Union polls. Polling results came out on Saturday.
Mundi who was in race for president post, defeated Baldev Walia from Mango group by 148 votes, while KK Sachdeva from Letterbox group and Avtar Chand from Ladder group managed 51 and 139 votes respectively. Walia got 480 votes.
Cycle group won all the 15 posts of PAU Employee Union. While Cycle group got more than 600 votes on every post, the closest competitor Mango group managed 400-550 votes on every post. Avtar Chand was reduced to 150-190 votes on all 15 posts while K K Sachdeva who got 51 votes.
PS Gill, leader of Mango group said, not getting salary on time remained the major reason behind their defeat. “Employees were highly irritated as salaries were not released till January 10 this month.”
Mundi said, “Mango group not only did nothing for employees during its tenure but also wiped away what we did in our previous terms be it representation of president in board meetings or release of salaries. Now we will work to get all those works reinstated.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Mundi said his priority will be getting salaries on time and release of arrears. “Also we will get the pending arrears of Rs 64 crore released from the government.”
Daljeet Singh, from Cycle group defeated Mango group candidate by maximum margin of 164 votes on organising secretary post.