Head Constable Harjeet Singh was suspended on Wednesday after he had allegedly attacked the staff of Punjab state power corporation limited (PSPCL) on Tuesday as they had nabbed for power theft at his residence located in Ranjodh Park.
Power supply to his house was also snapped on Wednesday. Striking PSPCL staff joined work after the constable was suspended. Harjeet Singh was posted in Malkhana as head constable. However he is still absconding and is yet to be arrested. His house was found locked on Wednesday and PSPCL imposed a fine of Rs 65,267 on him and a notice was pasted outside his house.
As a precationary measure police held a flag march in Kitchlu Nagar area on Wednesday evening. The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon when a team of PSPCL officers along with Sandeep Garg, Additional superintending engineer(SE) and SDO Parminder Singh were inspecting the area and found kundi connection in ASI Harjeet Singh’s house.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
As the SDO started making video of power theft in his mobile, family members started objected to it and when they were questioned about power theft, Garg and Parminder were attacked , their mobiles and car keys were snatched, revealed the compaint.
Though police had lodged an FIR against ASI Singh, but no departmental action was initiated on Tuesday due to which PSPCL staff of Kitchlu Nagar had gone on strike since and area residents had to bear the ire because Main Bazaar feeder haibowal area developed fault last night and no repair work was done by the striking employees due to which area residents had to remain power less for more than 18 hours.
In the tussle between police and PSPCL, general public was harassed as they had to remain without power for more than 18 hours, said Harjinder Singh, a resident of Haibowal.
However, the staff came back on work, after police commissioner Parmod Ban issued suspension orders and condemned his action.
However, ASI was absconding and police said that they will arrest him soon.Chief Engineer, PSPCL, Rachpal Singh said that their drive against power theft will continue and they will not tolerate violations.