Head Constable Harjeet Singh was suspended on Wednesday after he had allegedly attacked the staff of Punjab state power corporation limited (PSPCL) on Tuesday as they had nabbed for power theft at his residence located in Ranjodh Park.
Power supply to his house was also snapped on Wednesday. Striking PSPCL staff joined work after the constable was suspended. Harjeet Singh was posted in Malkhana as head constable. However he is still absconding and is yet to be arrested. His house was found locked on Wednesday and PSPCL imposed a fine of Rs 65,267 on him and a notice was pasted outside his house.
As a precationary measure police held a flag march in Kitchlu Nagar area on Wednesday evening. The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon when a team of PSPCL officers along with Sandeep Garg, Additional superintending engineer(SE) and SDO Parminder Singh were inspecting the area and found kundi connection in ASI Harjeet Singh’s house.
As the SDO started making video of power theft in his mobile, family members started objected to it and when they were questioned about power theft, Garg and Parminder were attacked , their mobiles and car keys were snatched, revealed the compaint.
Though police had lodged an FIR against ASI Singh, but no departmental action was initiated on Tuesday due to which PSPCL staff of Kitchlu Nagar had gone on strike since and area residents had to bear the ire because Main Bazaar feeder haibowal area developed fault last night and no repair work was done by the striking employees due to which area residents had to remain power less for more than 18 hours.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In the tussle between police and PSPCL, general public was harassed as they had to remain without power for more than 18 hours, said Harjinder Singh, a resident of Haibowal.
However, the staff came back on work, after police commissioner Parmod Ban issued suspension orders and condemned his action.
However, ASI was absconding and police said that they will arrest him soon.Chief Engineer, PSPCL, Rachpal Singh said that their drive against power theft will continue and they will not tolerate violations.