Expressing inability to devote three days in preparations for Rahul Gandhi’s rally, Congress’ city unit is tight lipped over his visit which is scheduled for April 28.
Sources from the Congress confirmed that candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu has clearly expressed his inability to make arrangements for Gandhi’s rally with only four days remaining for campaigning.
Talking to Newsline, a senior Congress leader said, “We got a proposal for holding Rahul Gandhi’s rally on April 28 from AICC, Delhi. But Bittu has made it clear that campaigning is left in many areas and there is no time to keep aside four days for preparing for the rally. So most probably the visit stands cancelled.”
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Also, Congress is concerned how crowd will be arranged in such a short time.
“Filling buses and transporting people to the venue is not an easy task especially in three days. Along with that, permissions have to be taken for the venue from the district administration and also for landing of chopper. So we have almost denied the proposal,” said another source from the Congress.
Meanwhile, actor turned politician Raj Babbar will be campaigning for the Congress in city on Thursday. He will be taking out a road show and his chopper will land in Punjab Agricultural University. Talking to Newsline, Pawan Dewan, district president urban Congress said, “The programme was finalised on Wednesday at the last moment. We are acquiring permissions for landing of his chopper in PAU.”
BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi will be holding a rally in Ludhiana on April 25 at Dana Mandi. Actor Sunny Deol is also expected to visit the city to campaign for SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali.