The controversy regarding presidentship of the district Mahila Congress refuses to die down as at the moment Leena Taparia and Asha Garg both are claiming themselves to be the president of the Ludhiana Mahila Congress (Urban). Effigies of state Mahila Congress president Malti Thapar were burnt the day Taparia was replaced with Garg.
However, on Tuesday, Garg was seen meeting workers in Ludhiana and she even met MP Ravneet Singh Bittu on Saturday. Garg said that she would soon be restructuring the district body.
Taparia, on the other hand, said, “Congress Mahila national president Sobha Ojha had allowed me to continue as president of Ludhiana Urban and I am continuing. I have emailed the high command that Asha Garg is also claiming to be president. Now the high command has to see to it.”
Garg’s supporters said that the controversy regarding the post seemed to have been solved and Garg was getting support from MLAs, leaders and workers as well. The supporters said that her camp was getting stronger and the Taparia camp was getting weaker.
Taparia had objected to the appointment of Garg and had even gone to Delhi to meet national president of Mahila Congress. Taparia said, “I had been reinstated the same day. Now the high command has to clear this confusion.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016