The Chamber of Industrial and Commercial Undertakings (CICU) has taken a step to address the issue of water pollution through its documentary titled ‘Neer’.
The short film looks at sources of pollution other than industrial effluents such as sewer from the municipal corporation, nagar councils and nagar panchayats, which are dumped into the Buddha Nallah that later meets the Sutlej river.
CICU president Avtar Singh said, “Apart from effluents and sewer disposal, debris and garbage are also being thrown by residents into the nallah. Though we have reduced discharge of 4 lakh litre water per day into the Budhha Nallah, as it is being treated in a zero liquid discharge treatment plant, much still needs to be done. We will make the industries more aware to further reduce the discharge into the nallah.”
Singh said, “We saw the problems residents living along the nallah face. These include skin disorders and jaundice among others.”
A meeting between the industrialists and PPCB officials was held in Faridkot, which is also affected due to pollutants discharged into the Buddha Nallah.
In the past, the death of fish in large numbers was reported from Faridkot and Ferozepur area, with pollutants from Ludhiana being cited as the reason behind this. Gulshan Rai, executive engineer of PPCB at Faridkot, welcomed this step from the industrialists to experience first-hand how pollution affects daily lives of common people.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
He said the board would provide all possible help to those making an effort to reduce pollution.