The illegal route adopted by agents and district transport office to get the driving licence forms cleared of few selected applicants was out in the open on Friday morning.
It was after Chief Secretary Survesh Kaushal landed for a surprise check at Suvidha centre of district administration that the agents ran away from the spot, leaving behind 62 licence forms which they were carrying to get approved from DTO officials.
An eyewitness, who was present at the Suvidha centre when Kaushal raided the premises, said: “Around three agents with bundles of driving licence forms were standing to get them approved. As soon as they sensed that an official has arrived from outside, one of them made an excuse and handed over his form to second agent. Soon, other two also fled, leaving behind bundle of forms.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Following counting, 62 forms were found and district transport officer Anil Kumar Garg was called for an explanation at the spot. The DTO was given a strict warning as Kaushal ordered a vigilance inquiry into the 62 forms that were recovered.
“SSP (Vigilance) will be inquiring about every single form and the agents who were paid to get the forms cleared. Also, they will be inquiring about money paid to agents and share of money going to employees of DTO office,” Kaushal told mediapersons.
DTO Garg will face criminal and departmental action by the government if things were not put in order at the earliest, said Kausal.
On the complaint of an applicant regarding the unavailability of revenue stamps at Suvidha centre, Kaushal ordered filing of a chargesheet against accountant of the Suvidha Centre. Also, many counters to which people were being referred to were closed. He demanded an explanation from Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal. Later, Kausal also went to check births and deaths certificates issuing department.
The district administration was left red-faced when one of the applicants alleged that one can get revenue stamps from outside the DC office at black rate. The applicant went outside and got a revenue stamp in a minute which left Kaushal in a high temper.
Kaushal said that surprise checks would be carried out in other districts as well in the coming days.