The illegal route adopted by agents and district transport office to get the driving licence forms cleared of few selected applicants was out in the open on Friday morning.
It was after Chief Secretary Survesh Kaushal landed for a surprise check at Suvidha centre of district administration that the agents ran away from the spot, leaving behind 62 licence forms which they were carrying to get approved from DTO officials.
An eyewitness, who was present at the Suvidha centre when Kaushal raided the premises, said: “Around three agents with bundles of driving licence forms were standing to get them approved. As soon as they sensed that an official has arrived from outside, one of them made an excuse and handed over his form to second agent. Soon, other two also fled, leaving behind bundle of forms.”
Following counting, 62 forms were found and district transport officer Anil Kumar Garg was called for an explanation at the spot. The DTO was given a strict warning as Kaushal ordered a vigilance inquiry into the 62 forms that were recovered.
“SSP (Vigilance) will be inquiring about every single form and the agents who were paid to get the forms cleared. Also, they will be inquiring about money paid to agents and share of money going to employees of DTO office,” Kaushal told mediapersons.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
DTO Garg will face criminal and departmental action by the government if things were not put in order at the earliest, said Kausal.
On the complaint of an applicant regarding the unavailability of revenue stamps at Suvidha centre, Kaushal ordered filing of a chargesheet against accountant of the Suvidha Centre. Also, many counters to which people were being referred to were closed. He demanded an explanation from Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal. Later, Kausal also went to check births and deaths certificates issuing department.
The district administration was left red-faced when one of the applicants alleged that one can get revenue stamps from outside the DC office at black rate. The applicant went outside and got a revenue stamp in a minute which left Kaushal in a high temper.
Kaushal said that surprise checks would be carried out in other districts as well in the coming days.