Local MP Manish Tewari on Sunday said that the Central government had released additional assistance of Rs 37.50 crore for the Buddha Nullah cleaning project.
Buddha Nullah, one of the dirtiest streams of Punjab, located in Ludhiana, has led to spread of diseases in nearby areas and has been lying uncleaned for the past more than 15 years.
This grant is in addition to the Rs 50 crore earlier provided by the Planning Commission and Rs 16 crore provided under bio-remediation project for the cleaning of the nullah by the Environment Ministry.
Tewari said that after he pursued the matter with the Planning Commission, it recommended payment of additional Central assistance of Rs 37.50 crore for the domestic sewerage of Ludhiana city after treatment at the Sewerage Treatment Plant through Buddha Nullah and by connecting network of distributaries and water courses.
The minister said the funds were being released to the state government immediately with the direction that these may be released to the implementing agency without any delay. Failure to do so would lead to recovery of the money with interest. “We hope that the state government will ensure that the funds are properly utilised,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016