The declaration of class X results by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Tuesday was a moment of celebration for hundreds of students across the city.
The system of cumulative grade point assessment (CGPA) introduced by the CBSE almost four years ago relieved students of the pressure to secure highest percentage as now students scoring more than 95% marks are given 10 CGPA. Those scoring less than 4 CGPA are considered fail.
However, this has also left students with no zeal and enthusiasm to study harder and secure top rank, feel some students and parents.
The results were declared on Tuesday evening with school campuses full of fun and frolic.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
While from Kundan Vidya Mandir, Civil Lines, 54 students scored perfect 10 score, from Greenland Public School, Jalandhar bypass, 65 out of 264 students scored 10 CGPA.
As many as 43 students out of 364 scored perfect 10 score from BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School. From Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar, a total of 45 out of 355 students scored perfect 10.
As many as 23 out of 196 students scored 10 CGPA from Guru Nanak International School, Model Town, while 26 out of 239 students of Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, BRS Nagar, scored perfect 10.
As many as 58 students out of 337 scored 10 CGPA from DAV Public School, BRS Nagar. Thirteen students from Sacred Heart Convent School, Sarabha Nagar; four students from Tagore Public School, Aggar Nagar, and 26 students from Spring Dale School, Sherpur, scored perfect score of 10.
As many as 10 students out of 116 from Ryan International School, Jamalpur, also scored 10 CGPA.