- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Candidates rely on videos, voice messages to connect
With little time left for campaigning, candidates are using novel methods to reach out to the masses as they cannot personally visit each and every area.
Audio visual videos of Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu can be seen playing in many areas. In old city areas former Congress councillor Parminder Mehta had displayed his video over an LCD screen.
In the video, Bittu is seen with folded hands giving speeches and even feeling sorry as he was not able to visit the area personally. “The area is so big, so we are using this method too,” Mehta said.
The SAD’s Manpreet Singh Ayali too believes that though he had got almost two months to campaign, still it was not possible for him to visit each and every village. Therefore, his voice messages are played on the mike before the other candidates start their speeches. Ayali feels sorry in his messages that he was not able to come personally.
AAP candidate H S Phoolka, however, focuses more on Arvind Kejriwal. Therefore, his supporters can be seen playing videos of Kejriwal at many points where Phoolka either gets late to reach or is not able to come.
Simarjeet Singh Bains, the Independent candidate, is very active on the social media, but he is lagging behind in this field as he is not following any of these methods; he is rather visiting the constituency himself or is sending his supporters in his place.