The slump in real estate market of Punjab reflected in the assets declared by crorepati candidates of Ludhiana for coming Lok Sabha polls.
Candidates like Manpreet Ayali from Akali Dal and Ravneet Singh Bittu from Congress showed negligible appreciation in the price of properties owned by them as in past five years. Ayali got richer by few crores only since 2012 when he filed nomination for Punjab assembly polls. He declared immovable assets worth Rs 16.86 crore which include two residences in Ayali Khurd and Panchsheel Enclave worth Rs 1.47 crore and Rs 41.59 lakh respectively. It also includes agriculture lands worth Rs 75.85 lakh, 1.06 crore, 79 lakh, 10.70 crore and 43.69 lakh in various villages.
He owns a Toyota Fortuner worth Rs 15 lakh. In 2012, while he owned assets worth Rs 2.08 cr and 13.96 cr (movable and immovable respectively), he now declared assets at Rs 2.13 cr and Rs 16.86 crore respectively with little change in values.
Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu declared immovable assets worth Rs 2.80 cr including land and residence in Payal worth Rs 2.60 cr and Rs 20 lakh respectively. In 2009, as candidate from Anandpur Sahib he had declared immovable assets worth Rs 2.35 crore which also included a house in Chandigarh. He has disclosed his movable assets at Rs 19.62 lakh and Rs 15.46 lakh of his wife. He also owns a Esteem car worth Rs 86,000 in current market.
Independent candidate Simarjit Singh Bains who declared six criminal cases pending against him in 2012 reduced them to two which are pending at Simlapuri and Sadar police stations. However his property value increased since 2012. Bains now owns immovable assets worth Rs 5.46 crore while in 2012 he owned property worth Rs 3.78 crore.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
His wife’s assets have too increased by crores as in 2012 she owned property worth Rs 60 lakh but now it has increased to Rs 3.18 crore. His movable assets are now worth Rs 4.87 crore while they were Rs 3.73 crore in 2012. He also owns a Toyota Fortuner worth Rs 10 lakh and Ford Endeavour worth Rs 6 lakh.