The slump in real estate market of Punjab reflected in the assets declared by crorepati candidates of Ludhiana for coming Lok Sabha polls.
Candidates like Manpreet Ayali from Akali Dal and Ravneet Singh Bittu from Congress showed negligible appreciation in the price of properties owned by them as in past five years. Ayali got richer by few crores only since 2012 when he filed nomination for Punjab assembly polls. He declared immovable assets worth Rs 16.86 crore which include two residences in Ayali Khurd and Panchsheel Enclave worth Rs 1.47 crore and Rs 41.59 lakh respectively. It also includes agriculture lands worth Rs 75.85 lakh, 1.06 crore, 79 lakh, 10.70 crore and 43.69 lakh in various villages.
He owns a Toyota Fortuner worth Rs 15 lakh. In 2012, while he owned assets worth Rs 2.08 cr and 13.96 cr (movable and immovable respectively), he now declared assets at Rs 2.13 cr and Rs 16.86 crore respectively with little change in values.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu declared immovable assets worth Rs 2.80 cr including land and residence in Payal worth Rs 2.60 cr and Rs 20 lakh respectively. In 2009, as candidate from Anandpur Sahib he had declared immovable assets worth Rs 2.35 crore which also included a house in Chandigarh. He has disclosed his movable assets at Rs 19.62 lakh and Rs 15.46 lakh of his wife. He also owns a Esteem car worth Rs 86,000 in current market.
Independent candidate Simarjit Singh Bains who declared six criminal cases pending against him in 2012 reduced them to two which are pending at Simlapuri and Sadar police stations. However his property value increased since 2012. Bains now owns immovable assets worth Rs 5.46 crore while in 2012 he owned property worth Rs 3.78 crore.
His wife’s assets have too increased by crores as in 2012 she owned property worth Rs 60 lakh but now it has increased to Rs 3.18 crore. His movable assets are now worth Rs 4.87 crore while they were Rs 3.73 crore in 2012. He also owns a Toyota Fortuner worth Rs 10 lakh and Ford Endeavour worth Rs 6 lakh.