The slump in real estate market of Punjab reflected in the assets declared by crorepati candidates of Ludhiana for coming Lok Sabha polls.
Candidates like Manpreet Ayali from Akali Dal and Ravneet Singh Bittu from Congress showed negligible appreciation in the price of properties owned by them as in past five years. Ayali got richer by few crores only since 2012 when he filed nomination for Punjab assembly polls.He declared immovable assets worth Rs 16.86 crore which include two residences in Ayali Khurd and Panchsheel Enclave worth Rs 1.47 crore and Rs 41.59 lakh respectively. It also includes agriculture lands worth Rs 75.85 lakh, 1.06 crore, 79 lakh, 10.70 crore and 43.69 lakh in various villages.
He owns a Toyota Fortuner worth Rs 15 lakh. In 2012, while he owned assets worth Rs 2.08 cr and 13.96 cr (movable and immovable respectively), he now declared assets at Rs 2.13 cr and Rs 16.86 crore respectively with little change in values.
Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu declared immovable assets worth Rs 2.80 cr including land and residence in Payal worth Rs 2.60 cr and Rs 20 lakh respectively. In 2009, as candidate from Anandpur Sahib he had declared immovable assets worth Rs 2.35 crore which also included a house in Chandigarh. He has disclosed his movable assets at Rs 19.62 lakh and Rs 15.46 lakh of his wife. He also owns a Esteem car worth Rs 86,000 in current market.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
Independent candidate Simarjit Singh Bains who declared six criminal cases pending against him in 2012 reduced them to two which are pending at Simlapuri and Sadar police stations. However his property value increased since 2012. Bains now owns immovable assets worth Rs 5.46 crore while in 2012 he owned property worth Rs 3.78 crore.
His wife’s assets have too increased by crores as in 2012 she owned property worth Rs 60 lakh but now it has increased to Rs 3.18 crore. His movable assets are now worth Rs 4.87 crore while they were Rs 3.73 crore in 2012. He also owns a Toyota Fortuner worth Rs 10 lakh and Ford Endeavour worth Rs 6 lakh.