Students of CT Group of Institutes along with Ludhiana traffic police on Saturday kicked off a signature campaign against vehicular pollution and congestion.
ADCP Gurdeep Singh and ACP Harjeet Singh coordinated with the students in the whole activity. As many as 20 student-teacher teams visited Ghumar Mandi, Bharat Nagar Chowk, Chandigarh Road, Model Town, Dandi Swami Chowk, Millar Ganj, College Road, Daresi road and Jalandhar Bye pass.
They got the signature of the passers by on banners with slogans such as ‘we shall not let Ludhiana remain the fourth largest polluted city in the world’. With the support of Ludhiana Traffic police, they also displayed various banners carrying messages against speeding, overloading, not switching off the engines at traffic lights and driving ill-maintained vehicles.
Around 20,000 signatures were obtained and 50,000 leaflets were distributed. The volunteers interacted with the shopkeepers and urged them to get pollution certificate of their vehicles and undertake service maintenance at regular intervals.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls