A Delhi-based company, Engineers India Limited (EIL), has been roped in by the Punjab government to prepare a road map to clean Buddha Nullah and Sutlej river.
Representatives of the team, which is also handling the work of cleaning Yamuna river, visited the sites in the city on Monday.
On four-day visit to Ludhiana, the team on very first day made it clear to the Ludhiana administration that “it will be a beginning from scratch”.
A confidential meeting was held between company officials, including deputy general manager (infrastructure) Sanjoy Mukherjee and three engineers, and Ludhiana administration including Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal and MC Additional Commissioner Sumit Jarangal at Circuit House.
Sources present at the meeting told Newsline, “The team was given a thorough presentation on how stream is being polluted for years due to industrial and residential waste. They made it clear that they have to start afresh. No result was visible from previous steps taken at different levels and pollution has surpassed the highest levels in Buddha Nullah.”
The team visited Wallipur and Jainpur villages, the confluence point of Buddha Nullah and Sutlej. The company will be preparing its blueprint to tackle pollution in Buddha Nullah and present it to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal after which it would be decided if the company would continue the work or not, said Mukherjee.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The team will also be holding interactions with owners of dyeing industries throwing waste into the nullah. The government has claimed that almost 50 sewerage treatment plants and common effluent treatment plants will be installed in affected areas by 2015.
When Badal had visited the city on May 9, he had formed a 15-member committee under the leadership of Gurkirat Kirpal Singh, special principal secretary to the Chief Minister.