There is literally a lot to ponder over for SAD in Ludhiana as it was the broom surge that spelled catastrophe for them in their own assembly segments of Dakha, Jagraon and Gill. All three rural belts are dominated by Akali Dal MLAs and on top of it, Dakha, is the constituency of SAD-BJP candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali himself where AAP candidate H S Phoolka made him bite dust.
Dakha from where Ayali won 2012 polls with a massive 72,208 votes, was reduced to almost half on Friday. He got only 40,736 votes while Phoolka got 46,518 votes.
In Jagraon, Akali Dal managed only 26,303 votes whereas Phoolka got 62,359 votes. In 2012, SAD MLA S R Kaler secured 53,031 votes from Jagraon and this time number was reduced to even less than half. Even in Gill segment, from where Akali Dal’s Darshan Singh Shivalik got 69,131 votes in 2012, Akalis were on a back foot and Ayali managed a little over 41,000 votes whereas AAP got 47,133 votes.
Independent Simarjit Singh Bains, who fought elections after defecting from Akali Dal, stood fourth with 2.10 lakh votes, a little less than Ayali’s 2.56 lakh votes.
Unlike Ayali, Bains succeeded in getting maximum votes from his assembly segment- Atam Nagar but the number of votes reduced. While in 2012 he secured 51,063 votes, the number reduced to 43,093 on Friday. He performed the poorest in Jagraon with only 4,327 votes. From south where Bains’ brother Balwinder Singh Bains got some 49,000 votes in 2012, Bains managed a little over 42,000 only.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Phoolka won in four segments whereas Ravneet Singh Bittu got maximum votes in three. Both SAD and BJP, after the defeat struggled to find if Modi wave actually existed in Ludhiana.