Dayanand Medical College and Hospital on Wednesday observed 23rd International Thalassemia Day by organising 15th Annual Medicos Voluntary Blood Donation Camp. As many as 200 units of blood were collected during the camp. Departments of Pediatrics and Transfusion Medicine alongwith Punjab Thalassemia Welfare Society had organised the event. A special felicitation ceremony was also held which was formally inaugurated by secretary of DMCH Managing Society- Prem Kumar Gupta along with Sunila Gupta, member, managing society. Zindagi Live Foundation was awarded ‘Novartis Trophy’ for making significant contribution in providing safe blood for thalassemic children. Thalassemic children also performed on stage.
No headway in three theft cases
Police have not been able to arrest anyone in two theft cases which took place in April. In one case, theft had been reported in the house of one Jasan Raj in Gagandeep Colony. He had gone to a religious place on April 26 and on April 27, he came to know that his house had been robbed. According to his complaint, 3 watches, 5 cell phones, LCD and DVD player, gas cylinder, clothes and Rs 80,000 had been stolen. No arrests have been made yet. In another case, Ashiwini Kumar had lodged an FIR on April 23 stating that while he was in his car in Millerganj, an unknown person had asked him to check his car tyre and when he came out to check, his laptop and camera had been stolen. Apart from this, Dhurv, yet another complainant got an FIR registered on May 5 saying that he came to know that unidentified thieves had entered his office and had stolen three laptops, one dvd player and one mobile. Lock of the office gate was broken. Police is still investigating the case.
Man arrested for rape bid on 5-year-old
Division number 7 on Tuesday arrested one Rahul Kumar for rape bid on a 5-year-old girl. The accused was a neighbour of girl. He was caught red-handed by the girl’s grandfather.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review