BJP leader Balbir Bansal entered a clash with a family living in his colony. He is also the father-in-law of ward number 51 councillor Renu Bansal.
A police complaint was filed. Balbir alleged that the opposite party trespassed into his house and attacked him with a sharp-edged weapon. He also alleged that they also thrashed her daughter-in-law. Balbir lodged a complaint at division number 5 police station in this context against Kuldeep Singla, his wife, daughter-in-law and around one dozen unidentified men and women late on Wednesday.
- Day after SAD, Congress workers clash in Ferozepur; 100 Akalis booked for attempt to murder
- Gujarat elections: Congress' Indranil Rajyaguru gets bail, says BJP trying to tarnish my image
- BJP trying to assassinate my character, says Congress MLA Indranil Rajyaguru
- Independent MLA Amanmani Tripathi, 24 others booked for ‘attacking’ BJP nominee
- BJP councillor on the run after woman beaten up, stripped in public in Surat
- Thirty-year-old man stabbed to death in Batala
However, Kuldeep Singla, a resident of Bharat Nagar, alleged that the BJP leader had misused his power and implicated him and his family in a forged case. Singla alleged that the BJP leader assaulted him over monetary issue and later influenced the police using his position.
Singla also filed a complaint with the police commissioner on Thursday and requested an inquiry in the case. The police commissioner has marked an inquiry to ADCP (city-3) Paramjit Singh Pannu.