Congress MP Ravneet Singh Bittu on Tuesday appealed to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to include Ludhiana in the plan of 100 developed cities of India. Bittu wrote to the Prime Minister and Union Minister for Urban Development Venkaiya Naidu in this regard.
In his letter, Bittu said Ludhiana city has thousands of Medium and Small scale industries and is an industrial hub in North India. Referring to the fact Bittu added that in July 2009, International Finance Corporation (IFC) had ranked Ludhiana as the easiest location to do business in India. The PHD Chamber of commerce and industry had also endorsed the fact.
Bittu said that without proper and requisite infrastructural development, the dream of making the city an industrial hub will remain unfulfilled. He added that he was heartened to know that the union government intends to build 100 cities by equipping the same with world class amenities and to achieve the objective of sanitation in the cities, plans to upgrade infrastructure in model towns.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations