Organised to promote bicycle riding as the mode of transport of the common man, it were the motorbikes and scooters that dominated the road show of Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha candidate H S Phoolka on Saturday.
The road show moved through various parts of the city such as Rajguru Nagar, Sunet, Aggar Nagar, Sarabha Nagar, Ferozepur road, Vardhman Sabzi Mandi, Tajpur chowk among others. Phoolka, travelling in an open jeep with brooms in hand greeted people on the way. His jeep was followed by a cavalcade of motorbikes and scooters. Few cars also followed Phoolka in Sarabha Nagar area.
However, the party claimed that it was a ‘bicycle rally’ to promote cycling as the transport of the ‘aam aadmi’. H S Phoolka, talking to Newsline said, “It was not a road show to portray our strength like other parties. It was a road show to stand for change and the common man. We are providing an alternative to people to stand for corruption free India.”
AAP on Saturday also claimed that their road shows ‘never block traffic’ as traffic volunteers were moving along with the cavalcade to avoid traffic congestion.
Talking to Newsline, Prabh Sahay Phoolka, daughter of H S Phoolka said, “We made sure that traffic volunteers move along with us so that commuters are not hassled.” When asked about the absence of cycles from a ‘bicycle promotion’ rally, she said, “It was an open invitation for people to come on their cycles but they preferred bikes and scooters.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched