Members of the BEd Teachers’ Association on Friday staged a protest outside the DC office and burnt an effigy of Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka, targeting his recent decision of transfer of teachers.
As per the policy, male teachers posted in girls’ schools are to be transferred to boys’ schools and vice versa. This decision was the Education Minister’s step to check sexual harassment cases.
However, last week, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had assured a delegation of school principals in Lambi that he would look into the issue of transfer of male and women teachers at one of his Sangat Darshan programmes when the principals stated that it was a hasty step.
H S Bilga, president of this association, said, “It is not a well-thought decision. Targeting all the teachers after a few cases of molestation is not justified. Now all the teachers will be transferred in a hurried manner and a few will be even sent to far-off places.”
District education officer Paramjeet Kaur said, “We have already sent the lists of the teachers as per the recent instructions. In the first phase, only those teachers will get mutual transfer whose subjects are the same.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched