Members of the BEd Teachers’ Association on Friday staged a protest outside the DC office and burnt an effigy of Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka, targeting his recent decision of transfer of teachers.
As per the policy, male teachers posted in girls’ schools are to be transferred to boys’ schools and vice versa. This decision was the Education Minister’s step to check sexual harassment cases.
However, last week, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had assured a delegation of school principals in Lambi that he would look into the issue of transfer of male and women teachers at one of his Sangat Darshan programmes when the principals stated that it was a hasty step.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
H S Bilga, president of this association, said, “It is not a well-thought decision. Targeting all the teachers after a few cases of molestation is not justified. Now all the teachers will be transferred in a hurried manner and a few will be even sent to far-off places.”
District education officer Paramjeet Kaur said, “We have already sent the lists of the teachers as per the recent instructions. In the first phase, only those teachers will get mutual transfer whose subjects are the same.”