IT WAS not one of the best days for councillors of Shiromani Akali Dal as they had a personal feedback session with Deputy Chief Minister and party president Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday.
Sukhbir made sure that every councillor was called one by one into his room, and he had at least 10-minute conversation with each one of them. Sources present in the meeting room told Newsline that some councillors lamented that local works were not being completed on time.
The Deputy Chief Minister criticised some councillors for not “campaigning with full enthusiasm” for party candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali from Ludhiana. He told the councillors “to present a united face in the poll season”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Talking to Newsline, a SAD councillor said, “He was polite but strict. He asked us if we have any issues at local level. I told him clearly that officials do not listen to us, and sewerage and road problems are not solved on time. He ensured that he will look into the matter.”
Not only councillors, Sukhbir also met the local leadership, including MLAs, party workers and workers from rural segments. “We told him about some problems we are facing within the party. In house meetings, our own councillors talk against us which brings out a negative picture. However, he asked us to use full
force for Ayali’s campaigning and meet as many people as possible on a daily basis and spread the party’s policies,” another SAD councillor told Newsline.