Pramod Ban, a 1995 batch IPS officer will be joining as new Commissioner of Police, Ludhiana on Monday.
After joining on May 28 this year as CP, IPS R K Jaiswal was transferred as DIG Ropar range on Saturday as per orders from Department of Home Affairs and Justice, Government of Punjab. Earlier, Ban had served as SP City-1 from 2000 to 2002 and DCP in 2010. He was now serving as Director-cum-Inspector General (IG) of special security group in CM security. A native of Uttar Pradesh, Ban is B Tech in Fibre Technology from REC Kanpur.
This is fourth time in past few months that the top cop has been changed. Prior to this- Paramjit Singh Gill (two times), Nirmal Singh Dhillon, Sanjeev Kalra and then R K Jaiswal were posted as CP Ludhiana and transferred after short intervals of service.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls