While SAD-BJP candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali had on Tuesday claimed that he had an extended support of all the ruling alliance councillors and party leaders, but independent candidate Simarjeet Singh Bains maintained that 18 councillors were still with him.
Balwinder Singh Bains, MLA from Ludhiana South and elder brother of Simarjeet Singh Bains said, “Two of our councillors who recently extended their support to SAD were forced to do so. However, 18 councillors continue to be with us and we have extensive support in rural areas too. This is giving sleepless nights to the SAD-BJP candidate and hence he is making false claims.”
Meanwhile, on Tuesday Ayali had said that the so called independent MLAs will be shown the doors in this election as he had the support of all the ruling party councillors.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, Bains on Wednesday contradicted his statement and said that poll verdict will show that how candidates with party symbols lose elections and the one with no backing of party wins. Simarjeet Singh Bains said, “We saw this during the 2012 vidhan sabha elections and we will see it again.”
Bains, meanwhile, in his speeches targeted the ruling alliance and blamed the SAD for backing sand and drugs mafia. Interestingly, Bains himself was part of this party till 2012 and few months after winning as independent MLA, he joined as an associate member of SAD.
Phoolka lodges Complaint
Apart from Bains targeting SAD, even AAP candidate H S Phoolka is all set to complain about model code of conduct violation by the SAD. Phoolka said he will submit a complaint to the chief electoral officer (CEO) Punjab on Thursday regarding blatant violation by SAD candidate.
He said that posters of SAD candidates were seen in the entire city pasted on walls and even hoardings were also visible in various parts of the city. His party stated that the expenditure on posters must be counted in his campaign expenditure apart from taking necessary action.