While SAD-BJP candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali had on Tuesday claimed that he had an extended support of all the ruling alliance councillors and party leaders, but independent candidate Simarjeet Singh Bains maintained that 18 councillors were still with him.
Balwinder Singh Bains, MLA from Ludhiana South and elder brother of Simarjeet Singh Bains said, “Two of our councillors who recently extended their support to SAD were forced to do so. However, 18 councillors continue to be with us and we have extensive support in rural areas too. This is giving sleepless nights to the SAD-BJP candidate and hence he is making false claims.”
Meanwhile, on Tuesday Ayali had said that the so called independent MLAs will be shown the doors in this election as he had the support of all the ruling party councillors.
However, Bains on Wednesday contradicted his statement and said that poll verdict will show that how candidates with party symbols lose elections and the one with no backing of party wins. Simarjeet Singh Bains said, “We saw this during the 2012 vidhan sabha elections and we will see it again.”
Bains, meanwhile, in his speeches targeted the ruling alliance and blamed the SAD for backing sand and drugs mafia. Interestingly, Bains himself was part of this party till 2012 and few months after winning as independent MLA, he joined as an associate member of SAD.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Phoolka lodges Complaint
Apart from Bains targeting SAD, even AAP candidate H S Phoolka is all set to complain about model code of conduct violation by the SAD. Phoolka said he will submit a complaint to the chief electoral officer (CEO) Punjab on Thursday regarding blatant violation by SAD candidate.
He said that posters of SAD candidates were seen in the entire city pasted on walls and even hoardings were also visible in various parts of the city. His party stated that the expenditure on posters must be counted in his campaign expenditure apart from taking necessary action.