Independent MLA and candidate for Lok Sabha election Simarjeet Singh Bains on Sunday filed yet another complaint to the Chief Election Commissioner of India complaining against the police.
He alleged that the police were threatening his supporters and asking for the names of the people who were attending the meetings in support of Bains along with their phone numbers. People were being threatened not to organise meetings in his support. This was seen more in Shimlapuri area.
Bain once again demanded transfer of Police Commissioner P S Gill.
The Independent candidate had submitted a complaint a few days back as well along with a video footage which has been uploaded on Facebook too.
Police Commissioner P S Gill said, “We are getting complaints almost on a daily basis and we are filing replies to the Election Commission. None of our employees is free to ask about the phone numbers and other details from a person in an election meeting and this is none of our business. We will send our reply as and when the complaint is forwarded to us.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016