The city will witness a variety of functions to celebrate the International Women’s Day on Saturday.
Apart from this, special jewellery launched by Shrishti Collectionz will be a big attraction which has designs on female foeticide, women molestation and shiksha themes.
At Model Town Extension market near Krishna Mandir, doctors opposing sex-selected termination of pregnancy(DOSST) will be organising a health awareness mela with the theme: Swasth Nari-Sashakt Naari. Dr Neelam Sodhi, from DOSST, said, “We along with IMA and All India Working Women’s Forum are organising this camp. It will be an awareness drive in which women will be informed how to stay fit, what type of diet they must eat and much more.”
A special daily 15-minute exercise plan will also be demonstrated. Dr Sodhi said, “Women are so involved with their families and kids that they forget to take care of their own health and a number of them hardly exercise. So we will demonstrate the 15-minute exercise plan on a daily basis.”
Various stalls at this day-long camp will include Sunshine Vit D, calcium bone power, pre-pregnancy counselling, safe pregnancy care, life after 40 and menopause, cancer awareness, contraception, save the girl child, hair analysis, District Legal Services Authority, legal advice cell, Lijjat Papad Society, Fevicryl hobby ideas, yoga and fitness, face reading and more. A play, Nari Shakti, will also be staged.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Not only this, an NGO will be organising a special cancer detection camp at Free Masions, located adjacent to the church of Sarabha Nagar. The camp will be held from 1 pm – 4 pm. Apart from awareness and check-up, other basic tests such as blood sugar and blood pressure will also be done.
Colleges have also planned a number of programmes. Functions will be held at Ramgarhia Girls College, GGN Khalsa College and others.
Apart from this, the Aam Aadami Party’s candidate H S Phoolka will carry out a walk on Rani Jhansi Road, demanding safety of women in the city.
Legend Sahir Ludhianvi’s birthday also falls on March 8 and a number of alumni of Government College for Boys will be going to the Sahir memorial hall at the college. Brij Bhushan Goyal, a bank employee and an old student, said, “Sahir raised voice for women empowerment. Hence, this day holds double importance.”
Shrishti Collectionz has launched a range of “Talking Pieces” to honour women. Set with Swarowski Zirconia in rich 18k yellow gold, these zewellery designs are available exclusively on request from Pranda Jewelry Pvt Ltd.