FORMER chief minister and chairman of the Congress Campaigning Committee Rajinder Kaur Bhattal on Sunday lashed out at the Badals for “making a fool of Ludhiana residents”.
Addressing a rally while campaigning for Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu in Naali Mohalla on Deepak Cinema Road, Bhattal said, “Please ask Badals where is your Ludhiana metro? Did sky or earth gulp it?”
She added, “It was a dream that was impractical. It was a dream that Badals weaved for people of Ludhiana just to fool them and take their benefit out of it. Now you all should go and ask Badals, where is the metro?”
Bhattal blamed the Badals for unemployment in Ludhiana. “Industries are shutting down because the state government is not helping them in any way. Then how can employment be generated? Youth is getting driven to drugs,” she said.
Talking about the Aam Aadmi Party, she said, “Congress is thankful to AAP for bringing forth the blunders of SAD-BJP government. AAP is simply putting their stamp on our stand of NDA and Akalis being totally corrupt. We are really thankful to them for this but otherwise people are not going to waste their vote for AAP as Arvind Kejriwal was not able to prove his worth even after we gave them unconditional support in Delhi.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Bhattal added that Rahul Gandhi might visit Ludhiana to campaign for Bittu.
Talking about major points in the Congress manifesto, she said, “It will be for the first time that a party is proposing income tax exemption for youth between 18-35 years which will be our major achievement if we come to power.”
Blaming the SAD-BJP for imposition of property tax in Punjab, Bhattal claimed that the “Congress is going to be victorious from all 13 seats of Punjab in the LS polls”.