FORMER chief minister and chairman of the Congress Campaigning Committee Rajinder Kaur Bhattal on Sunday lashed out at the Badals for “making a fool of Ludhiana residents”.
Addressing a rally while campaigning for Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu in Naali Mohalla on Deepak Cinema Road, Bhattal said, “Please ask Badals where is your Ludhiana metro? Did sky or earth gulp it?”
She added, “It was a dream that was impractical. It was a dream that Badals weaved for people of Ludhiana just to fool them and take their benefit out of it. Now you all should go and ask Badals, where is the metro?”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Bhattal blamed the Badals for unemployment in Ludhiana. “Industries are shutting down because the state government is not helping them in any way. Then how can employment be generated? Youth is getting driven to drugs,” she said.
Talking about the Aam Aadmi Party, she said, “Congress is thankful to AAP for bringing forth the blunders of SAD-BJP government. AAP is simply putting their stamp on our stand of NDA and Akalis being totally corrupt. We are really thankful to them for this but otherwise people are not going to waste their vote for AAP as Arvind Kejriwal was not able to prove his worth even after we gave them unconditional support in Delhi.”
Bhattal added that Rahul Gandhi might visit Ludhiana to campaign for Bittu.
Talking about major points in the Congress manifesto, she said, “It will be for the first time that a party is proposing income tax exemption for youth between 18-35 years which will be our major achievement if we come to power.”
Blaming the SAD-BJP for imposition of property tax in Punjab, Bhattal claimed that the “Congress is going to be victorious from all 13 seats of Punjab in the LS polls”.