Though the UPA government has announced that the Aadhaar card is not mandatory for availing subsidy on the delivery of LPG cylinders for the time being, agencies have not yet amended rules because a formal notification has not reached them.
The price of a non-subsidised cylinder for this month is Rs 1,203, including VAT, while it was Rs 1,310 in January. A number of customers whose Aadhaar cards have not yet been made are paying the hiked price while others who have got the Aadhaar numbers linked to their bank accounts are still waiting for subsidy in their accounts.
Surinder Singh, a resident of Chander Nagar, said that he did not get any subsidy, though the cylinder was delivered 20 days back. He took a cylinder from Azad Gas Agency. Similar was the complaint from Gursharan Singh who took an LPG cylinder from Kehar gas agency.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, Varinder Gulliani, convenor of All India LPG Gas Agency Dealers’ Association, said, “The government should clear the confusion soon. Customers are paying high prices for LPG cylinders as there is no notification. It is difficult for customers to shell out Rs 1,200 at one go.”
There are around 9.25 lakh LPG customers in Ludhiana and till now about 46% of them have got their Aadhaar cards linked to their bank accounts. The rest are paying non-subsidised prices.
Moreover, the ones who have got linkages done are also not getting subsidy in time.