Though the UPA government has announced that the Aadhaar card is not mandatory for availing subsidy on the delivery of LPG cylinders for the time being, agencies have not yet amended rules because a formal notification has not reached them.
The price of a non-subsidised cylinder for this month is Rs 1,203, including VAT, while it was Rs 1,310 in January. A number of customers whose Aadhaar cards have not yet been made are paying the hiked price while others who have got the Aadhaar numbers linked to their bank accounts are still waiting for subsidy in their accounts.
Surinder Singh, a resident of Chander Nagar, said that he did not get any subsidy, though the cylinder was delivered 20 days back. He took a cylinder from Azad Gas Agency. Similar was the complaint from Gursharan Singh who took an LPG cylinder from Kehar gas agency.
However, Varinder Gulliani, convenor of All India LPG Gas Agency Dealers’ Association, said, “The government should clear the confusion soon. Customers are paying high prices for LPG cylinders as there is no notification. It is difficult for customers to shell out Rs 1,200 at one go.”
There are around 9.25 lakh LPG customers in Ludhiana and till now about 46% of them have got their Aadhaar cards linked to their bank accounts. The rest are paying non-subsidised prices.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Moreover, the ones who have got linkages done are also not getting subsidy in time.