AS election campaign has picked up in the district, candidates are focusing more on strength areas of rivals so as to gain the maximum out of it. While Congress’s Ravneet Singh Bittu on Monday went in rural areas such as Jagraon, Mullanpur and Dakha of which SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali boasts of a lot, the later focused his meetings in Ludhiana west area from where Congress won with a heavy margin in the Vidhan Sabha elections.
Bittu, meanwhile, focused his campaign on drug mafia in the state and closed industry and said, “People themselves are telling us their problems and based on that we are focusing on the issues. More than 18,000 industry is lying closed in Ludhiana and adjoining areas due to anti industry policies of the state while drugs have affected almost every second house of Punjab. So we have all the more reason to focus on these public issues.” Bittu even opened his party offices in Mullanpur and Dakha area, where Ayali is the sitting MLA.
Ayali repeatedly mentioned that Dakha, Gill and Jagraon were the main strength areas of SAD. Bittu said, “We met disgruntled masses in these areas and will reach out more to them in the coming days.”
Bittu is focusing on issues of state government. Ayali calls him a rejected candidate who was forced for running away from Anandpur Sahib and now he is trying to try his luck in Ludhiana. Ayali, meanwhile, was on Monday seen in Ghumar Mandi, Sukhmani Enclave, Model town and many other areas of urban Ludhiana.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016