AS election campaign has picked up in the district, candidates are focusing more on strength areas of rivals so as to gain the maximum out of it. While Congress’s Ravneet Singh Bittu on Monday went in rural areas such as Jagraon, Mullanpur and Dakha of which SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali boasts of a lot, the later focused his meetings in Ludhiana west area from where Congress won with a heavy margin in the Vidhan Sabha elections.
Bittu, meanwhile, focused his campaign on drug mafia in the state and closed industry and said, “People themselves are telling us their problems and based on that we are focusing on the issues. More than 18,000 industry is lying closed in Ludhiana and adjoining areas due to anti industry policies of the state while drugs have affected almost every second house of Punjab. So we have all the more reason to focus on these public issues.” Bittu even opened his party offices in Mullanpur and Dakha area, where Ayali is the sitting MLA.
Ayali repeatedly mentioned that Dakha, Gill and Jagraon were the main strength areas of SAD. Bittu said, “We met disgruntled masses in these areas and will reach out more to them in the coming days.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Bittu is focusing on issues of state government. Ayali calls him a rejected candidate who was forced for running away from Anandpur Sahib and now he is trying to try his luck in Ludhiana. Ayali, meanwhile, was on Monday seen in Ghumar Mandi, Sukhmani Enclave, Model town and many other areas of urban Ludhiana.