Upset over not being invited to the inauguration of party office and Manish Tewari not contesting poll from Ludhiana, Congress district president Pawan Dewan was finally back in the campaigning mode on Thursday night.
It was after Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu personally went to meet Dewan at his residence on Thursday that differences seemed to have been sorted out between the two.
Sources said that Dewan was upset over being ignored during inauguration of Bittu’s new office where he was not ‘’formally invited’’.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Except the road show that the Congress organised on the first day to welcome Bittu to Ludhiana, Dewan did not participate in any of the campaigning activities.
However, on late Thursday night, after a personal meeting with Bittu at his residence, Dewan accompanied him to Jodhewal Basti for inaugurating the office of Gurmail Singh Pehalwan, incharge of Ludhiana East.
A close confidant and supporter of Manish Tewari, Dewan, however, denied if there were any issues between him and Bittu. “I was away to Delhi to enquire after Tewari who was operated upon and was not able to participate in campaigning,” Dewan told Newsline. Asked about meeting Bittu at his residence, he said, “He wanted to discuss the whole campaigning plan with me, so he came to meet me personally.”
Bittu, when contacted, said, “There were no issues and we all are working for Congress victory in Ludhiana. There were some things which were to be discussed personally for which we met.”