The annual conference of Association of Physicians in India, which was organised after al most 50 years in Punjab concluded on Sunday. At the conference a disease named – scrub typhus came out as a major cause of concern.
Of 400 research papers submitted by doctors from all over the country and across the world, who took part in the conference, 60 were based on scrub typhus. This disease is caused due to a parasite named Orientia tsutsugamushi.
The disease which is very uncommon and least known in India, however, is witnessing emergence of cases in northern India especially Punjab, Haryana and Uttarakhand where mites are found in abundance due to green fields and vegetation growth.
Dr Karamvir Goyal, head medicine, Fortis Hospital said, “This disease is caused after bite of mite which leaves black scars. If the patient does not have fever after few days of mite bite then the patient will start vomitting and will have rashes all over the body also swelling in lymph nodes.”
He added that the disease is very uncommon in India and has no vaccination till date. “If it reaches higher stages, it can affect lungs, heart, liver and brain. Till now there is no vaccination for it but research is going in UK to develop one,” said Dr Goyal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Talking about presence of disease in India, he said, “This disease broke out during World War II in Burma and Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). In India now we see it appears occasionally with 2-4 patients a month. A lot of awareness needs to be generated among people. Even its diagnosis tests are not available at every place in India,” he said.