In the fray from Ludhiana are now also Simerjit Singh and Bittu Birla who filed their nomination as Independent candidates on Wednesday.
Interestingly, Harkamal Singh, the lawyer of SAD candidate Manpreet Singh Ayali, accompanied Simerjit Singh to the Deputy Commissioner’s office for filing nomination papers.
Harkamal had also accompanied Ayali on Monday to file his papers. However, talking to Newsline, Simerjit, 28 and a resident of Lohara, said, “I am fighting these polls to work against the hooliganism and anti-people policies of Akali Dal in Punjab.”
He shares his name with Independent candidate Simarjit Singh Bains, a staunch rival of Akali Dal, and has applied for ‘bat’ and ‘ball’ as preferred symbols.
The namesake of Congress candidate Ravneet Singh Bittu also filed nomination as Independent on Wednesday. Bittu Birla, 41, however, clarified that he did not file nomination from his party Republican Party of India (A) as it is not known in Punjab. “I want to work for the poor and underprivileged sections of society. Therefore, I am contesting the polls,” he said. He has applied for a sewing machine as his symbol.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, high drama was witnessed at the DC office on Wednesday after a woman, Premjit Kaur, claimed herself to be a candidate from Akali Dal. She reached the DC office and claimed that Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal had given her the ticket from Ludhiana and not to Ayali.
Later, she filed her candidature from Shiromani Akali Dal but failed to mention any details of assets. When Deputy Commissioner Rajat Aggarwal asked Kaur for candidature fee, she said, “CM Badal will come tomorrow and submit my fee as I have no money at present.” She added that “being the only woman candidate from Ludhiana, she will surely win polls from SAD”.