Demanding regularisation of their jobs, monthly pension and increase in their monthly allowance, the anganwadi workers of Ludhiana protested on Saturday against the state and central government.
They took out a protest march from Chhatar Singh Park to bus stand.
They also demanded that the governmentshould provide them with a building from where they can carry out their works. It is to be noted that in Ludhiana district there are 2,401 anganwadi centres having approximately 4,800 employees which include helpers and workers. The workers get Rs 3,000 from the Centre and Rs 2,000 from the Punjab government.
“This anganwadi scheme is running since 1975 and some of our employees have spent more than 38 years serving anaganwadi children and now the government is asking us to leave the job and we won’t get any pension. Is this justice? Without pension how will be lead a normal live?” said Subhash Rani, district president, Anganwadi Employees Union (CITU).
There are around 28 lakh anganwadi workers in India whom the government is not agreeing to pay pension and neither are their jobs being regularised.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016