Ahead of implementation of model code of conduct, State Government left no chance to woo the voters and in a hurry, deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal inaugurated and laid foundation stones of projects worth Rs 3280.74 crores in just 16 days and out of these projects worth Rs 3135.74 crores were announced in just 12 days only.
Deputy CM was seen in a hurry to lay foundation stones in almost every city of the state and for a change he was seen reaching before time in the functions as he had to rush to the other spots.
Interestingly, deputy CM inaugurated a bus stand in Fatehgarh Sahib costing Rs 3 crores and about 3 substations were also inaugurated and the rest projects were just the promises of the state government in which deadline of majority of the projects is for 18 months.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The details revealed that deputy CM laid foundation stones of an ultra modern auditorium costing Rs 55 crores in SAS Nagar, Rs 450 crores housing project in Bathinda, Rs 580 crores metro bus project in Amritsar, Infosys development centre costing Rs 425 crores in Mohali, Cargill dairy feed unit costing Rs 70 crores in Bathinda and so on.
Majority of the rest of the promised projects include up gradation of water and sewer system in Khanna, Bathinda, Moga, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Fazilka, Faridkot etc areas. Road widening, four laning of roads in Bathinda were the other promised projects.
Deputy CM laid the last foundation stone in Ludhiana yesterday which was regarding a Rs 135 crores common effluent treatment plant for dyeing units. This project is already running behind the schedule and hence it was yet another announcement of the already announced project.
Rival party Congress had been accusing the ruling alliance of wasting money on laying foundation stones and also spending huge money just on advertisements only. Today itself, Simarjeet Singh Bains, MLA from Atam Nagar constituency of Ludhiana said,” for laying foundation stone of a project worth Rs 3 crores, the state government had spent Rs 65 lakhs only on advertisement. Still the dream project of deputy CM – the expressway along Sidhwan canal has not met the deadline, so what can one expect from the foundation stones which have been laid now.”