Ahead of implementation of model code of conduct, State Government left no chance to woo the voters and in a hurry, deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal inaugurated and laid foundation stones of projects worth Rs 3280.74 crores in just 16 days and out of these projects worth Rs 3135.74 crores were announced in just 12 days only.
Deputy CM was seen in a hurry to lay foundation stones in almost every city of the state and for a change he was seen reaching before time in the functions as he had to rush to the other spots.
Interestingly, deputy CM inaugurated a bus stand in Fatehgarh Sahib costing Rs 3 crores and about 3 substations were also inaugurated and the rest projects were just the promises of the state government in which deadline of majority of the projects is for 18 months.
The details revealed that deputy CM laid foundation stones of an ultra modern auditorium costing Rs 55 crores in SAS Nagar, Rs 450 crores housing project in Bathinda, Rs 580 crores metro bus project in Amritsar, Infosys development centre costing Rs 425 crores in Mohali, Cargill dairy feed unit costing Rs 70 crores in Bathinda and so on.
Majority of the rest of the promised projects include up gradation of water and sewer system in Khanna, Bathinda, Moga, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Fazilka, Faridkot etc areas. Road widening, four laning of roads in Bathinda were the other promised projects.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Deputy CM laid the last foundation stone in Ludhiana yesterday which was regarding a Rs 135 crores common effluent treatment plant for dyeing units. This project is already running behind the schedule and hence it was yet another announcement of the already announced project.
Rival party Congress had been accusing the ruling alliance of wasting money on laying foundation stones and also spending huge money just on advertisements only. Today itself, Simarjeet Singh Bains, MLA from Atam Nagar constituency of Ludhiana said,” for laying foundation stone of a project worth Rs 3 crores, the state government had spent Rs 65 lakhs only on advertisement. Still the dream project of deputy CM – the expressway along Sidhwan canal has not met the deadline, so what can one expect from the foundation stones which have been laid now.”