Aggar Nagar society on main Ferozepur road used to ferry its garbage to the dump made by Municipal Corporation near Punjab Agricultural University. However since the government’s project to widen the Ferozepur road has taken off, MC in clear words has told colony to ‘find its own dumping ground’.
The Ludhiana Aggarwala Co-operative House Building Society, managing the colony too not taking any pain to find a suitable place for dumping the garbage, has ordered the sweepers to throw it in front of the gate. However, with a war going on between MC and Aggar Nagar society, residents are fearing the worst with monsoon arriving and animals creating a menace throughout the place.
Not only this, even A2Z company, hired by MC for lifting the garbage, is not sending the pick up van regularly to pick the garbage from the colony. Harried to the core, Pankaj Jindal, a resident told Newsline, “We are living in Aggar Nagar since more than 30 years. It is one of the poshest locality in Ludhiana and never before garbage has been dumped at entrance of the colony. Monsoons are arriving and this is going to create a lot of problems.”
An eyesore for the residents and guests, even society sweepers are now haphazardly throwing garbage and placing their carts even in space near dump literally stretching the dump till the main road.
“For 24-hours one can see garbage lying in front of Aggar Nagar. Foul smell emits whenever one crosses the gate. There used to be a temple there and now it has been shifted which has made the matters worst,” said Sangeeta Garg, a resident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Krishan Kumar, manager of the society said, “We have no space to dump garbage inside the colony and MC has told us to create our own dump. We are in conversation with A2Z to arrange door-to-door garbage collection for us but they are yet to send us a proposal.” A S Sekhon, in-charge heath wing, MC said, “Society has to create dump of its own. We will ensure that A2Z sends pick-up van regularly.”