The state government organised the first awareness camp for school bus drivers on Wednesday. The move comes after the Supreme Court directed all states to ensure safety of school kids’ transportation.
Still only 18 schools of the 80 who were invited sent their drivers, conductors and transport heads for the camp under the Safe Vaahan Scheme.
District transport officer, Anil Kumar Garg told Newsline, “This was the first camp organised under Safe Vaahan Scheme of state government. This scheme has been started by forming a district-level committee that will organise such awareness camp for school bus drivers. Although the committee was formed few months back, work was stalled due to the Lok Sabha elections.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As per information from DTO office, almost 80 schools affiliated to CBSE and ICSE were sent proformas to reveal entire information under Safe Vaahan Scheme. However, the DTO office received only 30 proformas filled by schools while the rest did not reply.
Of the 30 who replied, only 18 sent their teams for camp on Wednesday. “District education officer (secondary) has already issued notices to the 50 schools who did not fill the proformas. They have been told clearly that if still they do not reply, their affiliation will be cancelled,” said Garg.