Joining the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation as additional commissioners almost a year-and-a half back, the IAS couple — Sumit Jarangal and Isha Kalia — gave the city many firsts.
As per orders from the Punjab government, the MC is all set to get new additional commissioners — Ghanshyam Thori and Rishipal Singh — while the couple has been transferred to the Badals’ own land Bathinda and Mansa respectively as additional deputy commissioners.
The couple throughout their tenure worked on making the MC a paperless body with all records going online and the MC website getting a complete makeover.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
It was for the first time that after Mumbai, the Ludhiana MC launched its own android mobile application MC CRAMAT, allowing residents to lodge complaints through smartphones.
Also, the suvidha centre went online with a facility to make payments for water and sewerage bills. The MC entered a tie-up with HDFC Bank and opened online payment gateway.
Application for TS-1 certificates, and birth and death certificates was also made online.
The Ludhiana MC also became the first civic body in Punjab to open property tax portal and file online returns.
An easy-to-apply form ‘SARAL’ for getting building maps passed was introduced by Kalia and a mobile van to collect property tax from door to door and courier service for delivering documents
was also started.
An online store inventory with records of items like bricks, cement and brooms lying with MC was developed by Jarangal. He also restarted the flower show at Rose Garden which was discontinued long back.
On her experiences in Ludhiana, Kalia said that “they made sure that their personal preferences did not come in the way of professional commitments”. “A couple posted in the same city and same departments raises many doubts but we ensured that line is not crossed,” she said.