Joining the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation as additional commissioners almost a year-and-a half back, the IAS couple — Sumit Jarangal and Isha Kalia — gave the city many firsts.
As per orders from the Punjab government, the MC is all set to get new additional commissioners — Ghanshyam Thori and Rishipal Singh — while the couple has been transferred to the Badals’ own land Bathinda and Mansa respectively as additional deputy commissioners.
The couple throughout their tenure worked on making the MC a paperless body with all records going online and the MC website getting a complete makeover.
It was for the first time that after Mumbai, the Ludhiana MC launched its own android mobile application MC CRAMAT, allowing residents to lodge complaints through smartphones.
Also, the suvidha centre went online with a facility to make payments for water and sewerage bills. The MC entered a tie-up with HDFC Bank and opened online payment gateway.
Application for TS-1 certificates, and birth and death certificates was also made online.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Ludhiana MC also became the first civic body in Punjab to open property tax portal and file online returns.
An easy-to-apply form ‘SARAL’ for getting building maps passed was introduced by Kalia and a mobile van to collect property tax from door to door and courier service for delivering documents
was also started.
An online store inventory with records of items like bricks, cement and brooms lying with MC was developed by Jarangal. He also restarted the flower show at Rose Garden which was discontinued long back.
On her experiences in Ludhiana, Kalia said that “they made sure that their personal preferences did not come in the way of professional commitments”. “A couple posted in the same city and same departments raises many doubts but we ensured that line is not crossed,” she said.