With four days to go for polling, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria, a close confidant of Badals’ and right hand man of CM Parkash Singh Badal is campaigning for Manpreet Singh Ayali.
Skipping office hours, he has instructed his staff to get important files signed between 7 am and 9 am as 10 am onwards he joins SAD candidate Ayali to canvass throughout the city.
“We have been told to take files at his residence in Kot Mangal Singh area and till 9 am he signs all official files. After that canvassing starts and then his schedule is always uncertain,” said an employee from Mayor’s office.
Not only this, he has also been handed over special responsibilities for Ayali’s campaign by party high command, said the sources. “Since councillors are the people connected at grass root with public in their areas, Mayor has been asked to make sure that their grievances are heard and they have to be assured that their problems will be solved if Ayali is voted to power,” said a senior SAD leader.
Now Gohalwaria is devoting more than four hours daily in MC zonal offices and his camp office to listen to the public.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Also he has asked his staff to make sure that no one goes back without meeting him. “Meetings are not being held due to model code of conduct in place and most of the times he does not come to office. He remains busy in campaigning for Ayali. But whenever he comes for an hour or two, he asks if there is anyone waiting to meet him,” said an employee from Zone-A office.
Even for Narendra Modi’s rally which was held on Friday in city, Mayor along with Ayali’s brother Harvir Ayali did all arrangements. He was given responsibility to ensure that pandal is filled with people and also that each councillor from SAD-BJP arrives with supporters from his/her area.
Talking to Newsline, Gohalwaria said, “No doubt I am campaigning for Ayali but I make sure that work of MC does not suffer. Modi’s rally was a great success and I ensured that maximum crowd reaches the venue.”
His actions like planting 86 saplings on CM’s 86th birthday, distributing desi-ghee laddoos on Sukhbir Badal’s re-election as SAD president, sitting near feet of Chief Minister and postponing MC meetings for SAD rallies, earlier too have proved his ‘Badal Loyalist’ tag.