Twenty-six-year old Rahul Verma was murdered on January 12 in his house located in South city while his sister Priyanka Verma, 24, who was to get married after 10 days was seriously injured. Six months have passed, but police has yet not been able to book the culprits while the area SHO has been transferred four times in 6 months and Ludhiana commissioner for 6 times due to which the family alleges that cases never moved in a right direction.
It needs to be mentioned that on January 12 Rahul and Priyanka were at home while their parents Sudesh and Aneeta had gone to distribute Priyanka’s marriage cards and around 9.30 pm when they returned along with their elder son Kunal they saw their children lying in a pool of blood.
Rahul was declared dead in hospital, Priyanka was stated to be critical with multiple injuries. Priyanka was discharged from DMCH after one-and-a half month treatment and later she got married to the same boy. Her one surgery is pending, told her cousin Manik Verma who is also from Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha. Sudesh and Aneeta, parents, said, “We had been running from pillar to post in the past 6 months but have no clue about the case.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Manik added, “We tried to meet the new commissioner Pramod Ban on June 25 and later on July 1 but we were not able to meet him as he was busy with work. We are completely disillusioned with the present system. It was a horrifying crime and police is not able to crack the case.”
It needs to be mentioned that preliminary investigations had revealed that it was a friendly entry in the house as no door was broken and even nothing was stolen, someone known to Rahul and Priyanka came inside who later attacked the duo in which Rahul died.
The family had organised peaceful candle march as well to lodge their protest. When Newsline contacted SHO Haibowal police station Surinder Mohan, he said, “I have joined recently and I am working on the case. I hope that the case will be cracked soon.”