Twenty-six-year old Rahul Verma was murdered on January 12 in his house located in South city while his sister Priyanka Verma, 24, who was to get married after 10 days was seriously injured. Six months have passed, but police has yet not been able to book the culprits while the area SHO has been transferred four times in 6 months and Ludhiana commissioner for 6 times due to which the family alleges that cases never moved in a right direction.
It needs to be mentioned that on January 12 Rahul and Priyanka were at home while their parents Sudesh and Aneeta had gone to distribute Priyanka’s marriage cards and around 9.30 pm when they returned along with their elder son Kunal they saw their children lying in a pool of blood.
Rahul was declared dead in hospital, Priyanka was stated to be critical with multiple injuries. Priyanka was discharged from DMCH after one-and-a half month treatment and later she got married to the same boy. Her one surgery is pending, told her cousin Manik Verma who is also from Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha. Sudesh and Aneeta, parents, said, “We had been running from pillar to post in the past 6 months but have no clue about the case.”
Manik added, “We tried to meet the new commissioner Pramod Ban on June 25 and later on July 1 but we were not able to meet him as he was busy with work. We are completely disillusioned with the present system. It was a horrifying crime and police is not able to crack the case.”
It needs to be mentioned that preliminary investigations had revealed that it was a friendly entry in the house as no door was broken and even nothing was stolen, someone known to Rahul and Priyanka came inside who later attacked the duo in which Rahul died.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The family had organised peaceful candle march as well to lodge their protest. When Newsline contacted SHO Haibowal police station Surinder Mohan, he said, “I have joined recently and I am working on the case. I hope that the case will be cracked soon.”