In an operation cover-up , Mayor H S Gohalwaria on Friday said that the corporation had no idea about the list of the advertisement companies which had displayed ads outside malls and petrol pumps. Rather, they had sent notices to the mall owners to pay tax before the model code of conduct came into force.
He was reacting to a news item that appeared in newspapers saying that an advertisement company, Lead Ads Private Limited, involving PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon’s son and relatives was engaged in advertisement work outside few mall buildings. “Lead Ads is not the only company, but there are five-six more companies engaged in this work.
We will now send notices to all to pay tax. Otherwise, the ads being displayed are not illegal,” the mayor said.
Interestingly, the mayor had earlier indicated that they were not even aware of the names of the companies prior to elections.
The advertisement company is charging fee from the advertisers but not paying the requisite tax to the Municipal Corporation. Now the mayor has asked his advertisement wing to work out the tax and send notices to the companies concerned.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
In a letter written to the mayor, however, Deputy Mayor R D Sharma has made a suggestion that till the time tax is not deposited, the displayed ads should be removed from all the prominent buildings of the city.