Three incidents of loot and snatching were reported in the city on Saturday and Sunday.
In the first incident on Saturday evening, Rs 10 lakh and an Activa two-wheeler were snatched from a hosiery trader at Kailash Chowk.
The accused threw chilli powder into the victim’s eyes. A complaint was filed by Surya, who said that he was returning from Bal Vihar to his home in Patel Nagar when around 10 pm, the looters attacked him. A bag with Rs 10 lakh was kept in the scooter. The victim was rushed to DMCH.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The division number 4 police registered a case and started an investigation with the help of CCTV footage of nearby buildings.
In the second incident, the accused stole Rs 2.60 lakh after breaking open the boot of a motorcycle in Moti Nagar area on Saturday. The
Focal Point police registered a case under Section 380 of the IPC.
Sanjiv Dhawan stated in the FIR that he had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from Oriental Bank of Commerce, Cheema Chowk, and was going to
Focal Point when the incident happened. He parked his motorcycle outside Shubh Luxmi Enterprises factory. When he returned, the lock was open and cash was missing.
The Focal Point police station registered a case.
In a snatching incident on Sunday, MC employee Urmila Jain was looted of Rs 35,000 near Dhodha Sweets in Ghumar Mandi and was dragged 20 feet on road.
The division number 8 SHO reached the spot.
A resident of Sita Nagar, Jain told cops that she was returning after shopping in Ghumar Mandi. When they reached near Dhodha Sweets, two motorcycle-borne persons wearing helmets on red Pulsar motorcycle snatched her purse. The purse contained Rs 35,000, a mobile phone, ATM card and other documents.
Investigation officer Sub-Inspector Ajiab Singh said that the police had increased patrolling at Ghumar Mandi market and an investigation was on to identify the accused.