Three incidents of loot and snatching were reported in the city on Saturday and Sunday.
In the first incident on Saturday evening, Rs 10 lakh and an Activa two-wheeler were snatched from a hosiery trader at Kailash Chowk.
The accused threw chilli powder into the victim’s eyes. A complaint was filed by Surya, who said that he was returning from Bal Vihar to his home in Patel Nagar when around 10 pm, the looters attacked him. A bag with Rs 10 lakh was kept in the scooter. The victim was rushed to DMCH.
The division number 4 police registered a case and started an investigation with the help of CCTV footage of nearby buildings.
In the second incident, the accused stole Rs 2.60 lakh after breaking open the boot of a motorcycle in Moti Nagar area on Saturday. The
Focal Point police registered a case under Section 380 of the IPC.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sanjiv Dhawan stated in the FIR that he had withdrawn Rs 2.60 lakh from Oriental Bank of Commerce, Cheema Chowk, and was going to
Focal Point when the incident happened. He parked his motorcycle outside Shubh Luxmi Enterprises factory. When he returned, the lock was open and cash was missing.
The Focal Point police station registered a case.
In a snatching incident on Sunday, MC employee Urmila Jain was looted of Rs 35,000 near Dhodha Sweets in Ghumar Mandi and was dragged 20 feet on road.
The division number 8 SHO reached the spot.
A resident of Sita Nagar, Jain told cops that she was returning after shopping in Ghumar Mandi. When they reached near Dhodha Sweets, two motorcycle-borne persons wearing helmets on red Pulsar motorcycle snatched her purse. The purse contained Rs 35,000, a mobile phone, ATM card and other documents.
Investigation officer Sub-Inspector Ajiab Singh said that the police had increased patrolling at Ghumar Mandi market and an investigation was on to identify the accused.