Parents of Abhishek Banerjee, who was found dead under mysterious circumstance on June 22, met the President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday.
According to Abhishek’s father, the President shared their grief and showed his concern over the spurt in the drug-deaths in Punjab. The President also assured the parents to follow up the issue with the Prime Minister and the Home Minister.
The parents, AK Banerjee and Madhu Meeta, demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of their son and claimed that they will soon be filing a PIL in the high court since they don’t have trust on Punjab police.
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
The family of the youth will also be holding a protest march on July 13, which happens to be the birthday of Abhishek.
The parents also met CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat, who promised to take up the issue at the higher level.