Parents of Abhishek Banerjee, who was found dead under mysterious circumstance on June 22, met the President Pranab Mukherjee on Tuesday.
According to Abhishek’s father, the President shared their grief and showed his concern over the spurt in the drug-deaths in Punjab. The President also assured the parents to follow up the issue with the Prime Minister and the Home Minister.
The parents, AK Banerjee and Madhu Meeta, demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of their son and claimed that they will soon be filing a PIL in the high court since they don’t have trust on Punjab police.
The family of the youth will also be holding a protest march on July 13, which happens to be the birthday of Abhishek.
The parents also met CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat, who promised to take up the issue at the higher level.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched