As a part of the Aam Admi Party’s (AAP) ‘mission vistaar’, which is aimed at the expansion of party, party leaders Manish Sisodia and Jarnail Singh visited Ludhiana on Tuesday. The meeting, where they were slated to interact with convenors and executive bodies of all the districts across the state, started amid chaos as some of the leaders from Faridkot and Ludhiana complained that they were never invited for the meet, even as they were the ones who formed the party initially.
The internal meeting is slated to be followed by an open house meeting to be held on Wednesday evening in Ludhiana and other parts of Punjab as well. It will conclude on June 27.
Manveen Grewal – rural convenor of AAP Ludhiana, Ajay Goyal – urban convenor of AAP Ludhiana, Balbir Aggarwal – secretary of Ludhiana unit were among those who raised objections.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Aggarwal had sought a ticket for the Lok Sabha elections from Ludhiana, however, he was not chosen, following which he had levelled charges that tickets had been sold out. One unit from Faridkot was also crying foul.
Party sources maintained that they were given time for late in the evening, though their names did not appear in the list of the ones whom the national leaders were scheduled to meet.
Grewal and Aggarwal claimed that they were the ones who had worked hard to form the party from the scratch and today, were left ignored.
Interestingly, as per AAP’s Delhi list, Ajay Mittal was the only district convenor for Ludhiana and similar was the problem with members from other districts as the local leaders’ records were not even available in Delhi office.
Sources revealed that the party was upset with Aggarwal as he had spoken against Arvind Kejriwal after ticket was given to H S Phoolka.
Meanwhile, discussions were also held to appoint a state convenor to get ready for bypolls and assembly elections.