As a part of the Aam Admi Party’s (AAP) ‘mission vistaar’, which is aimed at the expansion of party, party leaders Manish Sisodia and Jarnail Singh visited Ludhiana on Tuesday. The meeting, where they were slated to interact with convenors and executive bodies of all the districts across the state, started amid chaos as some of the leaders from Faridkot and Ludhiana complained that they were never invited for the meet, even as they were the ones who formed the party initially.
The internal meeting is slated to be followed by an open house meeting to be held on Wednesday evening in Ludhiana and other parts of Punjab as well. It will conclude on June 27.
Manveen Grewal – rural convenor of AAP Ludhiana, Ajay Goyal – urban convenor of AAP Ludhiana, Balbir Aggarwal – secretary of Ludhiana unit were among those who raised objections.
Aggarwal had sought a ticket for the Lok Sabha elections from Ludhiana, however, he was not chosen, following which he had levelled charges that tickets had been sold out. One unit from Faridkot was also crying foul.
Party sources maintained that they were given time for late in the evening, though their names did not appear in the list of the ones whom the national leaders were scheduled to meet.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Grewal and Aggarwal claimed that they were the ones who had worked hard to form the party from the scratch and today, were left ignored.
Interestingly, as per AAP’s Delhi list, Ajay Mittal was the only district convenor for Ludhiana and similar was the problem with members from other districts as the local leaders’ records were not even available in Delhi office.
Sources revealed that the party was upset with Aggarwal as he had spoken against Arvind Kejriwal after ticket was given to H S Phoolka.
Meanwhile, discussions were also held to appoint a state convenor to get ready for bypolls and assembly elections.