A day after the festival of colours, the industrial town faced large-scale absentism in factories as not more than 35% of the workers turned up for work.
Reason: they had consumed too much bhang or liquor that they were not able to work on Tuesday.
Charanjeet Singh Vishvkarma, president of the United Cycles Parts and Manufacturers’ Association, said, “We have over 2,000 members in our association and the majority of them complained that a thin attendance was seen in the factories this morning. Not more than 35% of workers came for work. This is an annual feature, and despite counselling to the workers every year, they do as they want.”
He added, “The workers normally play Holi in the morning hours and later they start consuming bhang or liquor. The hangover remains till the next day. So they have no option but to stay away from work. This time Holi came on Monday and hence they had an extended three-day Holi festival. We will be expecting workers to be back on work by tomorrow.”
A large number of workers have gone to Bihar and UP to celebrate the festival of colours.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In the workers’ colonies built by a number of factory owners next to their factories, the festival was celebrated with enthusiasm.