A 70-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself with a tree in a vacant plot near his house at new Janta Nagar on Wednesday.
Indentified as Gurcharan Singh, reportedly he was under depression since few days.
A suicide note was also found from the pocket of the deceased in which he has not blamed anyone for the step.
He was a labourer. The Shimlapuri Police has initiated investigation in the case.
- IIM-Lucknow student found hanging in hostel
- Five Delhi policemen booked after Haryana cops say they abetted suicide at railway station
- Former-village head commits suicide in Rajasthan
- 25-year-old Amity student kills self over ‘medical condition’
- 20-year-old nursing student commits suicide in Kota
- Unemployed youth commits suicide
On Wednesday morning the area residents saw the body hanging with a tree and raised an alarm.
SHO at Police station Shimlapuri said the body was handed over to the family after post mortem at civil hospital. He said in the suicide note the victim wrote that he took the extreme step due to depression.
Meanwhile, the Shimlapuri Police filed the proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC following statement of the deceased’s son.