A 70-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself with a tree in a vacant plot near his house at new Janta Nagar on Wednesday.
Indentified as Gurcharan Singh, reportedly he was under depression since few days.
A suicide note was also found from the pocket of the deceased in which he has not blamed anyone for the step.
He was a labourer. The Shimlapuri Police has initiated investigation in the case.
- Bhopal: Researcher kills self to marry soulmate in next birth, cites Goddess Kali’s dream in suicide note
- Mother kills infant daughter, hangs self in Gurgaon
- Suicide by family of four in Rajasthan: ‘Had he been upper caste, they wouldn’t have harassed my son’
- Body of Army jawan found hanging from fan inside his residence
- Woman, infant daughter found hanging at home
- Unemployed youth commits suicide
On Wednesday morning the area residents saw the body hanging with a tree and raised an alarm.
SHO at Police station Shimlapuri said the body was handed over to the family after post mortem at civil hospital. He said in the suicide note the victim wrote that he took the extreme step due to depression.
Meanwhile, the Shimlapuri Police filed the proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC following statement of the deceased’s son.