From a scrap dealer’s daughter to mommy’s girl, it were the girls coming from different family backgrounds that made their parents and schools proud on Monday.
In the results declared by the PSEB for class X, Ludhiana girl students bagged top seven ranks in the state.
Riya Garg, a student of R S Model School who topped Punjab with 97.69%, was brought up by her mother since her father passed away when she was an infant. “My mother worked hard to raise me and my brother. She is a teacher in the same school but she never let us take any undue advantage of that,” she said.
The second rank holder with 97.23% is Mahima Nagpal from the same school. She is the daughter of a scrap dealer, who suffers from a rare disability due to a problem in the neck muscles. “He studied till 10th only but made us (brothers) and Mahima study hard. He is our inspiration. Unlike other parents who tell children to study, we told Mahima to take some rest,” said Jagdish Nagpal, his paternal uncle. The family lives in Abdullahpur Basti.
Jannatpreet Kaur from the same school got 96.92% and secured third rank in the state while Vaishnavi with 96.77% marks from Nankana Sahib Model High School stood fourth in the state.
Japsimran Kaur from R S Model School got 96.15% marks. She is the daughter of an aluminium fabricator. “She is a softball player and now aims to clear IPS,” said her father Sarabjit Singh. She stood eighth in the state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With 95.85% marks, Bhavika Kakkar and Arshdeep Kaur stood 10th in the state. Daughter of a machine parts mechanic, Kaur said, “I am aiming to clear IPS.”