From a scrap dealer’s daughter to mommy’s girl, it were the girls coming from different family backgrounds that made their parents and schools proud on Monday.
In the results declared by the PSEB for class X, Ludhiana girl students bagged top seven ranks in the state.
Riya Garg, a student of R S Model School who topped Punjab with 97.69%, was brought up by her mother since her father passed away when she was an infant. “My mother worked hard to raise me and my brother. She is a teacher in the same school but she never let us take any undue advantage of that,” she said.
The second rank holder with 97.23% is Mahima Nagpal from the same school. She is the daughter of a scrap dealer, who suffers from a rare disability due to a problem in the neck muscles. “He studied till 10th only but made us (brothers) and Mahima study hard. He is our inspiration. Unlike other parents who tell children to study, we told Mahima to take some rest,” said Jagdish Nagpal, his paternal uncle. The family lives in Abdullahpur Basti.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jannatpreet Kaur from the same school got 96.92% and secured third rank in the state while Vaishnavi with 96.77% marks from Nankana Sahib Model High School stood fourth in the state.
Japsimran Kaur from R S Model School got 96.15% marks. She is the daughter of an aluminium fabricator. “She is a softball player and now aims to clear IPS,” said her father Sarabjit Singh. She stood eighth in the state.
With 95.85% marks, Bhavika Kakkar and Arshdeep Kaur stood 10th in the state. Daughter of a machine parts mechanic, Kaur said, “I am aiming to clear IPS.”