Failing to maintain roundabouts in the city due to shortage of staff and funds, the horticulture department of Municipal Corporation roped in industrialists in March this year.
However, it has been more than six months but not any of the industries — which were allotted 15 prime roundabouts and rotaries of the city — has started work. Some of them have not even submitted the landscaping maps to the horticulture department.
This, despite repeated reminders of the department to at least begin the work of planting new saplings, trimming the grass and other basic works but no progress has been made till now.
Sources in the horticulture department said that Hero Ecotech Limited, which was given responsibility to maintain Aarti Chowk and Middha Chowk, was even considering backing out from maintenance of Aarti Chowk, and road widening project on Ferozepur road is going to begin.
As per sources, only six of the industries have submitted the landscaping maps planned for different roundabouts whereas on ground zero the work is nil.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When contacted, Surinder Kumar, executive engineer, horticulture, said, “The work has not taken off yet as only six industries have submitted the landscaping map till now. We told them to start basic work of clearing weeds, trimming grass and planting saplings but work has not started. We are only providing them small boards with their names under tag of ‘Maintained by’ and the rest all expenditure is theirs.”
Asked about some of the industries backing off from voluntary proposal, he said, “Some hiccups are there but they have not communicated us till now in written. If maps are not submitted in the coming week, we will allot those roundabouts to someone else.”