The Ludhiana Police on Wednesday arrested five people of Sukha Barewala gang including gang leader Sukhpreet Singh alais Sukha.
Apart from many arms and ammunition, vehicles from Sirsa in Haryana alongwith Rs 50,000 cash and jewellery have been recovered from their possession, police commissioner PS Gill said while briefing the media on Wednesday. Sukha was involved in 39 theft cases across the state of which nearly 13 were in Ludhiana, he added.
Gill added, sub-inspector Harbans Singh in-charge Anti Narcotic Cell, Ludhiana alongwith a police team was on patrolling duty on Hambran Road. Around 5.30 am a Mahindra Verito with registration no PB-09T-4488 was seen coming from village Hambran side. Police signalled the vehicle to stop but instead the accused tried to flee hitting on-duty policemen. However, police arrested them after a chase. Sukhpreet Singh, 31, is a resident of village Barewal Awana, Jagga Singh, 39, Buta Singh, 30, both from Barnala, Inderjit Singh, 29, of Jagraon and Jarnail Singh, 24, of Sangrur were arrested.
Gill said that four more members of the gang are on the run. He added that one .315 country made pistol, three 0.32 pistols and one 0.12 gun has also been recovered from the ga
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More