Now the residents have to pay for parking their vehicles at the leading markets of the city: Sarabha Nagar main market, Ghumar Mandi, Sarabha Nagar-I block and Malhar road.
The Municipal Corporation auctioned four new parking lots along with those at Feroze Gandhi market and Ferozepur road stretch at Zone D Sarabha Nagar office on Thursday.
As per the orders of the Punjab and Haryana High Court to abolish parking fee for cycles, the new parking rates were announced for two-wheelers and four-wheelers excluding cycles.
However, there has been a major dip in the revenue of MC as it kept reserved price of Ferozepur road parking lots at Rs 25 lakh. The whole stretch on Ferozepur road was divided into 13 parking lots after the HC orders in June last year. Then, the MC kept price of single lot as high as Rs 57 lakh to Rs 10 lakh but the bidding was not successful. Successive auctions followed to auction 13 lots and the MC kept on reducing the price and finally lots were auctioned. But then followed the bundle of complaints from people as contractors started overcharging and harassing the residents.
The MC now has merged 13 lots and kept reserved price at Rs 25 lakh. The MC told bidders that the auction was being done for six months and MC will inspect the work of contractor. If it is satisfied, then only contract will be extended. As for new parking lot at Ghumar Mandi, it will extend from Aarti Chowk to ITI College. The parking on Malhar road will be for vehicles parked inside the yellow lines.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Talking to Newsline, MC joint commissioner A S Sekhon, who headed the auction, said, “Contractors have been made clear that they cannot overcharge people. Also, if someone comes to pick and drop someone, then parking fee cannot be charged unless the vehicle is parked in the lots.” A total of 17 bidders participated in the bidding.
The MC earned a total of Rs 3.17 crore from bidding on Thursday against a reserved price of Rs 61 lakh for six lots.
Contractors were also not interested in bidding for Sarabha Nagar I-block parking lot as they said that people mostly come to visit temple in the area and thus it will be unfair to charge for it. But the MC denied and the auction was held.
For Ferozepur road, Sarabha Nagar main market and Ghumar Mandi, Bhola & Company was the highest bidder. I-block and Malhar road went to Radaraman company and Feroze Gandhi market to Anjali Enterprises.