The police on Thursday arrested seven persons and recovered 350 gram heroin worth Rs 2 crore in different cases.
Shamsher Singh alias Shera, 27, a resident of Majitha in Amritsar district, was arrested with 100 gram heroin.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (Crime) Jaswinder Singh said at a press conference that he used to smuggle heroin from the border district of Amritsar and sell it in the city.
In the second case, two persons identified as Sonu of Daba area and Amrik Singh Mika of Amar Nagar were caught with 200 gram heroin.
PAU police recovered 50 gram heroin and arrested four accused on Thursday. ACP (West) Ravinderpal Singh Sandhu said 25 grams of heroin each was recovered from Varinder Singh of Jassiyan road and Shamsher Singh who were arrested with two other accomplices.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The anti-narcotics cell also arrested a person identified as Narinder Kumar alias Kaka and recovered 20 cartons of illicit liquor in Salem Tabri area.