Under the influence of liquor, a 34-year-old labourer died on Monday morning after accidentally drinking acid mistaking it for liquor.
The incident came to light in Bharti Colony of Salem Tabri. The deceased was identified as Naresh Kumar, a labourer at the vegetable market.
His wife Pinder told the police that her husband was a drunkard and she was not at home when the incident happened.
When Kumar returned home after working at the vegetable market on Sunday evening, he was drunk. He picked a bottle of acid in place of liquor bottle and drank from it.
Aarti and Jayanti, two daughters of the deceased, informed their mother and the victim was rushed to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital around 11 pm on Sunday. Naresh was declared dead around 4.30 on Monday morning.
ASI Kuldeep Singh from Saleem Tabri police station said that it was an accident and an investigation was on under Section 174 of the CrPC.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016