Under the influence of liquor, a 34-year-old labourer died on Monday morning after accidentally drinking acid mistaking it for liquor.
The incident came to light in Bharti Colony of Salem Tabri. The deceased was identified as Naresh Kumar, a labourer at the vegetable market.
His wife Pinder told the police that her husband was a drunkard and she was not at home when the incident happened.
When Kumar returned home after working at the vegetable market on Sunday evening, he was drunk. He picked a bottle of acid in place of liquor bottle and drank from it.
Aarti and Jayanti, two daughters of the deceased, informed their mother and the victim was rushed to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital around 11 pm on Sunday. Naresh was declared dead around 4.30 on Monday morning.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
ASI Kuldeep Singh from Saleem Tabri police station said that it was an accident and an investigation was on under Section 174 of the CrPC.