Three bulls were injured while a major tragedy was averted as the bulls ran out of control in the traditional bullock cart races of the 78th Rural Sports at Kila Raipur on Friday.
The incident happened when the race of bullock carts was about to start. In one such incident, two bulls ran into opposite direction and got out of control. One bull got knee fracture as it ran towards the audience stand. The injured animal was referred to GuruAngad Dev Veterinary Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) for treatment.
A pair of bulls which was to run for yet another race got out of control and went towards the parking side and hit the two-wheelers due to which scooters and bicycles fell here and there. The animals also got injured. However, after first aid, they were fine again.
In both the incidents, general public was saved, though they ran here and there in panic.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
One statue was installed in the sports stadium, depicting the bullock cart races. The statue showed a jockey riding the bull. The statue was installed by one villager to show the traditional sport of this festival.
Ninety-five bullock carts blazed though the four-lane track at the Grewal Sports Stadium.
The morning fog and low visibility did not dampen the spirit of the participants and audience. With hockey, athletics, racing grey hounds, bullock cart races interspersed with Bhangra performances and Baazigar feats, the atmosphere was quite electric.