Three bulls were injured while a major tragedy was averted as the bulls ran out of control in the traditional bullock cart races of the 78th Rural Sports at Kila Raipur on Friday.
The incident happened when the race of bullock carts was about to start. In one such incident, two bulls ran into opposite direction and got out of control. One bull got knee fracture as it ran towards the audience stand. The injured animal was referred to GuruAngad Dev Veterinary Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) for treatment.
A pair of bulls which was to run for yet another race got out of control and went towards the parking side and hit the two-wheelers due to which scooters and bicycles fell here and there. The animals also got injured. However, after first aid, they were fine again.
In both the incidents, general public was saved, though they ran here and there in panic.
One statue was installed in the sports stadium, depicting the bullock cart races. The statue showed a jockey riding the bull. The statue was installed by one villager to show the traditional sport of this festival.
Ninety-five bullock carts blazed though the four-lane track at the Grewal Sports Stadium.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The morning fog and low visibility did not dampen the spirit of the participants and audience. With hockey, athletics, racing grey hounds, bullock cart races interspersed with Bhangra performances and Baazigar feats, the atmosphere was quite electric.